Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cicular thinking

So, I'm building an arc-camera in photography.  It it made up of pinhole cameras arranged in an arc and with 35mm film threaded through them to create one giant camera capable of capturing an instant in time from many different angles.  I'm going to then print a few of these on a transparent medium and sandwich them together (or maybe something else) to create an image.  It's similar to what Tim MacMillan (sorry, couldn't find a good link) has done, but horizontal, not circular, and will probably use studio lighting rather than strobes to get the exposure time long enough.

Right now, I'm trying to make all the little boxes that make it up, but f anyone has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to speak up.  I'll post pictures when and if I get it up and running.

I also want to direct you over to Plastic Manzikert, a blog written by former Foliage General Secretary Kelsey Atherton.  It's an excellent blog all-around, and I'll be collaborating with Kelsey on a series of Firefly-themed posts this weekend.  So yes, I suppose you could call this shameless self-promotion, but it's for a good cause.  I mean, everyone loves Firefly, right?

"Oh, I'm going to the special hell..."

No comments: